• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

A question of warrants

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

theognome

What is the name of your state? Ficticious

Greetings.

I am a novelist, and am presently writing a series of fiction books. The story takes place in Kansas City, Missouri. In the book I'm presently working on, a judge gives some advice to a friend concerning his legal situation. So, I'm hoping that if I describe the situation in the story a kindly judge will take pity on me and give me some ideas that I can use in the book. So, here's the situation:

The client is the leader of a militant religious group in Kansas City Missouri. Warrants have been issued for the client's arrest (weapons trafficing and terrorism) as well as warrants to search the 'compound' for evidence. The client has chosen not to surrender, and has the weapons and personnel to stay put. Meanwhile, the local law encforcement does not have the equipment needed to serve the warrants.

Question-

What legal wrenches could be thrown at the system- either to stop immediate action on the warrants, or to at least slow down the process of a Waco-type Federal showdown?

TheognomeWhat is the name of your state?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">