• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question on warrants and extradition

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tip_teller

What is the name of your state? FL

There are 2 people here in FL that have outstanding warrants in CA, and AZ.

In CA they are all misdemeanor warrants. The first person has 4 warrants with the highest bond being $15,000 but all four total close to $30,000.

The second has 3 warrants this highest bond is $35,000 with all 3 the total is $55,000.

In AZ the first person has a warrant for probation violation with a bond of almost $4000. I believe a probation violation warrant is considered a felony warrant, is that correct?

Is it safe to assume that they skipped bond? I'm unsure how that process works. If so I'm sure someone would like these people in custody.

If law enforcement finds out about these warrants, what are the chances that these 2 will be extradited to CA and/or AZ?

If they aren't extradited does it mean they will be released from local custody?

Thanks for any info!

CdwJava

tip_teller said:
There are 2 people here in FL that have outstanding warrants in CA, and AZ.
I'm sure there are far more than that. Many of our potential three strikes candidates flee.

In CA they are all misdemeanor warrants. The first person has 4 warrants with the highest bond being $15,000 but all four total close to $30,000.
Wow, what an upstanding fellow!

The second has 3 warrants this highest bond is $35,000 with all 3 the total is $55,000.
Another upstanding iundividual.

In AZ the first person has a warrant for probation violation with a bond of almost $4000. I believe a probation violation warrant is considered a felony warrant, is that correct?
Likely only if the original charge was a felony unless there are new charges.

Is it safe to assume that they skipped bond? I'm unsure how that process works. If so I'm sure someone would like these people in custody.
Hard to say. They might have skipped bond, but it is also likely that they were released on their own recognizance and failed to show in court ... or, they violated probation by fleeing or not reporting in.

If law enforcement finds out about these warrants, what are the chances that these 2 will be extradited to CA and/or AZ?
Slim, but possible.

If they aren't extradited does it mean they will be released from local custody?
Unless facing new charges, yes they would be released.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">