• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Quite urgent before my travel -please advise

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Supreme86

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? in Canada

I was charged with a credit card freud 2 years ago and had the charges dropped after making a donation and writing an apology letter to the owner of the card through this program called "diversion". Do I have a criminal record carried with me, if not, any information on my personal record that will prevent me to enter/exit any country borders?

I will be traveling next week, hope I get an answer by then!
Thanks

outonbail

I've never been to the state of Canada,,,, I've been to the country, just don't know where that state is.

US law only!

Supreme86

I've never been to the state of Canada,,,, I've been to the country, just don't know where that state is.

US law only!
oops..sorry about that.
I just found out that I don't carry any criminal record, but a police arrest. Will this affect the chances of entering/exiting a country border? I assume this question is universal, not just for US..

The Occultist

Unfortunately, your question is NOT universal as Canada has its own legal system that, in many circumstances, differ quite broadly from US law.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">