• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

The Raid

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

Max American

What is the name of your state? California. I was away from home when The local rural police department utilized the
County Sheriff's SWAT Unit enter my new home, I arrived while the search was still in progress. I was informed that I WAS NOT A SUSPECT.
Apparently a low level, low life Drug Dealer was trying to snitch his way out of a prison term after being caught with his supplies. A Search Warrant was issued based on a fabricated fantasy stating that a third party had produced Forged Documents and payroll checks with my computer & printer. My equipment was confiscated, inspected, and 2 months later I subsequently
received a letter from the Police Dept. in the mail to "pick up my property before it was sold at auction". No Forgery had occurred. But I incurred serious damages to the stucco on my house, (A hole 4 1/2 square feet was punched in the wall ouside by sledgehammers), my steel security door was destroyed, Attic
insulation was torn up and out. My Dry Cleaning bill to remove fibreglas insulation from cashmere, alpaca, wool, & mohair knited suits, slacks, and sweaters was slightly over $200. The backing paper on all of my framed Art work, registered signed prints, portraits, and pictures have been torn looking for non-existent documents. The same type of damage was done to 2 sets of
mattresses ( less than a year old, $1400). Add on the domestic housekeeper, carpenter, painter and supplies; miscellaneous expenses to restore my home to it's previous condition and my out of pocket expenses are more than $5000. More than that, my
reputation in my neighborhood, Church, and Community has suffered to the extent that I have lost clients and customers due to these untrue, unfounded, and unproven false statements; also due to the fact that my data base, all files, CDs, and media, records, etc. was held in limbo for 2 months. My consultation business has been significantly affected. Many others have stopped associating with me on a social basis. Could you please answer me this: What legal recourse, if any; and What time frame do I have to recoup fair (and hopefully punitive) damages for this inconvenience?

Last edited:

Son of Slam

Max American said:
What is the name of your state? California. I was away from home when The local rural police department utilized the
County Sheriff's SWAT Unit enter my new home, I arrived while the search was still in progress. I was informed that I WAS NOT A SUSPECT.
Apparently a low level, low life Drug Dealer was trying to snitch his way out of a prison term after being caught with his supplies. A Search Warrant was issued based on a fabricated fantasy stating that a third party had produced Forged Documents and payroll checks with my computer & printer. My equipment was confiscated, inspected, and 2 months later I subsequently
received a letter from the Police Dept. in the mail to "pick up my property before it was sold at auction". No Forgery had occurred. But I incurred serious damages to the stucco on my house, (A hole 4 1/2 square feet was punched in the wall ouside by sledgehammers), my steel security door was destroyed, Attic
insulation was torn up and out. My Dry Cleaning bill to remove fibreglas insulation from cashmere, alpaca, wool, & mohair knited suits, slacks, and sweaters was slightly over $200. The backing paper on all of my framed Art work, registered signed prints, portraits, and pictures have been torn looking for non-existent documents. The same type of damage was done to 2 sets of
mattresses ( less than a year old, $1400). Add on the domestic housekeeper, carpenter, painter and supplies; miscellaneous expenses to restore my home to it's previous condition and my out of pocket expenses are more than $5000. More than that, my
reputation in my neighborhood, Church, and Community has suffered to the extent that I have lost clients and customers due to these untrue, unfounded, and unproven false statements; also due to the fact that my data base, all files, CDs, and media, records, etc. was held in limbo for 2 months. My consultation business has been significantly affected. Many others have stopped associating with me on a social basis. Could you please answer me this: What legal recourse, if any; and What time frame do I have to recoup fair (and hopefully punitive) damages for this inconvenience?

Sue the PD and the Sheriff and the city and county for all the real damages. Any punitive damages will have to come from your friend the dope dealer. Sense your hoping to recover several thousands of dollars, a lawyer may come in handy.

M

Max American

The Dopey Dealer was a young man that came to a Bible Study Meeting at my house two years before he got busted. He pulled some drugs out of his pocket after the meeting and I told him to leave immeadiately. He had other ideas, so I picked this 240 pound man up and threw him out. The Motion for Discovery in the third party's case revealed his identity. I'm not out to "make
a buck", my losses are factual. I'm just disgusted that here in The United States of America, the police can bust up a beautiful residence and not be held accountable when point of fact is that not only No Crime Had Been Committed Here, but also the detective told the day my home was raided that the Police had never even considered, suspected, detained, or questioned me about possibly being involved in such a scheme. That the
utterances of a desparate Drugged Criminal can wreak havoc and hold such esteem and loyalty of the our local HillBilly (Randomly Enforced) Police Gang is disgusting, they were just as low as their informant!

Last edited:
M

Max American

And by the way, Thank You for your opinion and response.
I do respect that point of view.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">