• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Received subpoena for crime that never happened

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

deannamd

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania

Okay i dont' know what to do. Here's the situation.....can someone please give me some advice?
I have a PFA against my ex fiance'. He has been charged with a few charges of assault and what not against me. He was sentenced to 11 mths. He's to turn himself in on Sept 10th. Since then i've had no problems, he's left me alone, he still see's the kids, and he sends me money for them. The other day i received a subpoena to go as a witness against him. So i called the victim advocate person at the DA's office to see what this was about. He told me that a police officer filed charges b/c i told the officer my ex was living with me, and controlling, and verbally abusing me. Which is a violation of the PFA.
None of those words ever ever ever came out of my mouth to that officer. I am constantly contacted by the police, the da, and the sheriff. The sheriff comes to my house looking for him, the DA sends him mail to my house, and they all know not only does he not live with me, but he's not permitted to. The cops constantly call me and come to my house just to see if i have had contact with him, to see if he's been around me, to see if i know anything about him, what he's doing or his actions.. I've gotten to the point where i feel harrassed by them. My neighbors won't let thier children play with mine, my neighbors won't talk to me anymore, b/c of all the cops and sheriffs who are always at my house for no reason. As far as what this officer is saying who filed the charges......he must have misunderstood our entire conversation. I told the officer things are different, they aren't like they use to be between me and my ex, i told him i would like to work things out with him once he gets help so he can come back with the kids and me. The officer also stated i said a specific date when my ex started living with me. I never said any of that.
I'm so confused**************i don't know why they can't leave me alone.
So i guess i'm just scared to go to court now. The DA's victim advocate person said i'll still have to go and only the judge can decided whether or not to drop the charges. But if the DA's office is wanting me there to help them press charges, what's the point since i know there's no charges to press b/c my ex didn't do anything wrong. Help?????

Also let me say I originally got the PFA a year ago for a seperate incident. He has not violated the PFA. I have had no problems since the PFA took affect. The victim advocate contacted me this a.m. and told me that i'll have to work something out with the assistant DA when i meet with her tomorrow before the hearing. I told him there is nothing to work out b/c although he's commited crimes......he has not done this one. Also the person whom the police officer said called him to call me. I spoke to her, and she swears up and down she didn't call anybody and make any comment that the officer is stating. She received a subpoena and will also be there tomorrow with me at the DA's office. I'm just so confused and don't understand

CdwJava

Ditto.

All you can do is go and tell the truth about what happened or was said.

You cannot ignore the subpoena without risking arrest yourself.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">