• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

receiving stolen property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I

inabitatrouble

a victims check book was found in a trash can at a department store. a friend of mine was being ?ed by an officer and I went out to my car where an officer followed me. The officer than seen a membership card on the passenger side of my cars dash board with the victims info. on it. But the officer arrested me because the car was in my name. I did not steal nor cash any checks from this check book. Yet, I was involved in the since that I had knoledge of the theft. The officer charged me w/ receiving stolen property 0/300 though only receipts and the member ship card was in my car. The police later aquired a video tape of myself, and two other friends in a department store. On friend was using the stolen check to get merchandice and all three of us had buggies of merchandice that the check later paid for. So my ?'s are.....

1. What will be my charges after the police view the video?
2. What are the penalties of those charges for the state of Kentucky?

3. The police officer included the check book in the items found in my car yet they found it in the department store trash can. Can the case be thrown out for falsifying a legal document? ( there are store witnesses to verify it was found in the trash can)

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">