• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

RedChile42

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Priggins

What is the name of your state? Arizona

Was arrested by Officer for not being forthcoming with information or false reporting.. The Officer said I lied to him and didn't tell him all the information he was asking for..

There are no witnesses..Just the Officer against me..He didn't read me my miranda rights (if thats an issue prior to hand cuffing and arresting me)..

He ask me for a person home address and if I knew where he lived..I said "NO".. and later ask if I knew his telephone # and I gave that to him, but because I didn't give him the telephone number earilier, he said I wasn't forecoming with info...??? They want to charge me with $100 fine and a Mistomeanor..I've never had any law problems in my life and I'm 50 years old!.. and I didn't lie to the Officer!..I answered every question he wanted and ask for when he ask for it! :confused:

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Priggins said:
What is the name of your state? Arizona

Was arrested by Officer for not being forthcoming with information or false reporting.. The Officer said I lied to him and didn't tell him all the information he was asking for..

There are no witnesses..Just the Officer against me..He didn't read me my miranda rights (if thats an issue prior to hand cuffing and arresting me)..

He ask me for a person home address and if I knew where he lived..I said "NO".. and later ask if I knew his telephone # and I gave that to him, but because I didn't give him the telephone number earilier, he said I wasn't forecoming with info...??? They want to charge me with $100 fine and a Mistomeanor..I've never had any law problems in my life and I'm 50 years old!.. and I didn't lie to the Officer!..I answered every question he wanted and ask for when he ask for it! :confused:

My response:

Thank you for that spine-tingling, edge of your seat, story!

IAAL

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

JetX, our writer has absolutely no idea why we're responding as we're doing. She's sitting in her chair, scratching her head, swearing at us (just a little), and saying to herself, "Don't they understand?"

IAAL

Priggins

Me against them?

undefined

Ok you guys!... some of you I can see are laughing at this, but I thought this site was suppose to be a serious site to ask questions and get some advice or comments.. not wise cracks.. This is a serious thing for me... This never goes away and I am inocient! a victim ..Do I let the police department win?..Does this happen all the time?... What about the Miranda rights not being read?... :eek:

BelizeBreeze

Priggins said:
undefined

Ok you guys!... some of you I can see are laughing at this, but I thought this site was suppose to be a serious site to ask questions and get some advice or comments.. not wise cracks.. This is a serious thing for me... This never goes away and I am inocient! a victim ..Do I let the police department win?..Does this happen all the time?... What about the Miranda rights not being read?... :eek:
You "LET" the police department win because you played cute games during the course of an official investigation. Who gives a rat's ass if you're 50. I'm 51 and know better than to lie (by omission) in the process of an investigation.

and just so you can learn something while whinning, you were not required to be given your 'Miranda'. You were not being interrogated after being arrested and there is no right to such protection unless an interrogation takes place under custody.

JETX

Priggins said:
Ok you guys!... some of you I can see are laughing at this, but I thought this site was suppose to be a serious site to ask questions and get some advice or comments.. not wise cracks.. This is a serious thing for me
Not based on your post.

This never goes away and I am inocient! a victim
No you're not. You were a smartass and pissed the officer off. And that is based on your own post.
"He ask me for a person home address and if I knew where he lived..I said 'NO'".
Does that really sound like a responsible 50 year old??

There are no witnesses..Just the Officer against me.
No problem. Just show up in court on the date/time required and present your defense.

He didn't read me my miranda rights (if thats an issue prior to hand cuffing and arresting me).
Its not. It is only required to mirandize a suspect before you interrogate him/her. Your crime was witnessed.... and you weren't interrogated.

Do I let the police department win?
'Winning' has nothing to do with this. Simply, in the officers opinion, you broke the law. You get the chance for your opinion in court.

Does this happen all the time?
Not uncommon when a suspect smart-mouths an officer or is not forthcoming with his information when requested.

What about the Miranda rights not being read?
See above.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">