• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

reduce Felony to Misdemeanor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

SarahTeepah

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law) CA

Hi, My name is Sarah. I was convicted of PC496(a) and PC32. I was living with my boyfriend a while back and he stole some stuff and the whole house was charged. Long story short its been 7 years since that's happened.

Both are considered "wobblers"

All fines and fees have been paid.
All restitution has been paid in full
Probation has been completed successfully

Here's where it gets tricky. About a year ago I got a DUI I blew 0.09 and I am still have that "3 year informal probation"

All fines and fees have been paid
All DUI classes have been taken
Sr22 is valid and paid

I have a Job that I was offered and I need to get a background check. I have all the documents showing that I have been offered the job but need to obtain a background check first. I am not concerned about the DUI showing up because they are only looking for felonies.

Could I still do the Felony to misdemeanor reduction then get it expunged? I have moved from California.

How much would something like this cost? (ball park estimate)

I would like to restore my gun rights back so that's why the reduction.

CdwJava

Start here:

http://www.courts.ca.gov/1070.htm

However, keep in mind that any expungement will not automatically restore your firearms rights. The court would have to specifically note that your firearms rights are restored, or, you will still be prohibited pursuant to federal law.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">