• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

In regards to a warrant

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

outonbail

What is the name of your state? CA
What does 'court appearance condition-book only' mean?
I believe it means that when the person is picked up for the warrant, that they will be booked or processed, which basically consists of getting all their information, taking their picture and fingerprinting them. Then they would sign some form of promise to appear, like a citation, which would have the time and location they are scheduled to be in court and possibly the charges they are facing, or whatever the reason is that they are being summoned to court. Then, after the person signs this promise to appear, they would be released without having to post a bond. This may be done in order to bring someone to court on an infraction or for a civil matter.
Since I'm not 100 percent sure, maybe Carl will chime in when he sees this thread and if he's familiar with the term, then he can confirm whether my description is accurate or not.

Who is the warrant for and why do they believe it was issued? Did they miss a court date, fail to show up for jury duty or violate some other court order?

debreb4

More in regards to a warrant

The warrant is mine which i know exists because I checked the county sheriff's website. I CANNOT BELEIVE I MISSED THE COURT DATE even though I think I have some excellent excuses. Anyway, the court date was only to show proof of enrollment in a Prop 36 class which I had gotten well ahead of time.

outonbail

The warrant is mine which i know exists because I checked the county sheriff's website. I CANNOT BELEIVE I MISSED THE COURT DATE even though I think I have some excellent excuses. Anyway, the court date was only to show proof of enrollment in a Prop 36 class which I had gotten well ahead of time.
Well now, if you failed to sign up and attend your prop 36 class, or if the court/judge believes you have not signed up and began attending your classes, they usually issue a "no Bail" warrant which is entirely different from a book only warrant. A no bail warrant means just that, that you will not have the opportunity to bail out of jail, you will be staying there until you get to see the judge. They began issuing these no bail warrants several years back because so many people were failing to attend their alcohol and/or drug classes. So as you can see, there is a big difference between the two. You should contact the court or your attorney immediately and get placed on calender so you can bring in your paperwork and show the judge you're in compliance.

debreb4

Again in regards to warrant

I did enroll and began attending classes and when I checked for warrants-on mine it stated-'condition of court appearance-book only'.

CdwJava

I believe you posted this on another board as well as Freeadvice.

I think the reference refers to your needing to get booked (i.e. photos and prints) prior to your court date. What that has to do with a warrant, I'm not exactly sure - I've never seen an arrest warrant that indicates that it is for booking only.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">