• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Removing a Restraining order for Statutory Rape

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ms.layjay

What is the name of your state? California.

When I was 17, my boyfriend was accused of statutory rape. They decided to let him go, and the charges were dropped. However, they did put a restraining order on him for 3 years. I love the man to death, and really want to get this off. I'm now 18, so how can i go about this, if i can at all?

thank you, and so sorry, if ithis is in the wrong place.

Last edited:

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
ms.layjay said:

When I was 17, my boyfriend was accused of statutory rape. They decided to let him go, and the charges were dropped. However, they did put a restraining order on him for 3 years. I love the man to death, and really want to get this off. I'm now 18, so how can i go about this, if i can at all?

How old is boyfriend?

CdwJava

ms.layjay said:

Get an attorney and go to court to drop the order.

Or, since he is the restrained party, HE can get an attorney and go to court and drop the order.

Trying to do it without an ttorney is possible, just not likely.

- Carl

CdwJava

ms.layjay said:
but there isn't any reason it cant be dropped, correct?
We can't possibly know that.

It can likely be dropped, but that doesn't mean that it will.

- Carl

CdwJava

ms.layjay said:
do you know of any reasons why they might not let it drop?

thanks for your help, i really appreciate it.
The judge may think that the protected party (you) is being manipulated.

I have seen it go both ways.

Remember this, if he was diddling you as a teenager, his eye may rove when you no longer look the part. The odds of this relationship ending up in the plus column are pretty slim.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">