• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

resisting arrest, PI,& disorderly conduct

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ambert

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arkansas
I am charged with three class C midemeanors, and was wondering what the conscequences are for a first time offence.I have never been in trouble before, and have not had a drop to drink since the night it happened realizing it was messing with my freedom.I have a lawyer who still cannot obtain the reports from that night.He has filed for an extended court date to give him time and a motion of disclosure.He says he doesnt see jailtime happening but says he cant promise.He said he is hopeful that he can work somthing out with the prosecuting office.In the resisting arrest I did jump away when the officer grabbed me from behind and screamed for my husband, but was passive once in handcuffs and on the way to jail.I made bad descisions and am looking for honest advice or people that have experiance in these cases first hand.I'm just wondering what can happen and wht is the average sentances for these crimes. My bond was 100 dollars and the fines total 850 dollars.I know that even these misdemeanors can carry a yr in jail.I guess Im looking for a little hope.I have no trouble paying fines,community service,probation,etc.It is the jailtime I am scared of because my husband is the sole provider and Im the mother of four.Also I was wondering if the pi charge would or could be dropped since it happened in my front yard about 10ft from my front door.This was the initial charge that the officer was arresting me for then I recieved disorderly for cussing and yelling for my husband and then they slapped a resisting arrest charge on for jerking when she grabbed me from behind when I went to walk in the house now she didnt say I was under arrest till she had jerked me from behind.I had my back to her going back inside jerking was a gut reaction to someone stepping behind me and pulling me backwards but they didnt have to pepper spray me or resort to violence as soo as I was cuffed I was still.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">