• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

restraining order fraud, some jerk playing games with the system

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

utsava

What is the name of your state?AZ
ok, to make a long story short. Someone made a false police report on me and has a order of protection you can call fraud. He requested to come to my place of work while i'm working (had an order against him, that he couldn't come when i'm working). So i gave in so he wouldn't make me any more legal problems (long story) (I gave in, he basically blackmailed me). Anyhow, he knows my schedule inside out, but goes there (a gym) to work out once,twice a week and comes now ONLY on my work schedule. He still wants to date me, what he always denied, is basically stalking me in his own sick,slick way. He saw me coming out of the work are where I work and was sitting there a few times, basically like 20 inches from my office door. He has been seen by my co-workers too and has been watching me. He just stated, he has a legal right to sit there and to go to the gym whenever he wants. But he CHOOSES to be there ONLY when I'm there inspite his previous pressing charges and telling them I'm a dangerous person and having an order of protection. Then he started making contact, violating the order of protection directly, but i don't have proof.
My question: Where and how is this guy violating the law and what can i do about it? The police questioned him, but he denies even having seen me, even i have proof he did see me. He lies about everything.
Other question; from the previous case against me,he turned in some tapes he has tampered. He lied in court on several things, like said, we never lived together, but i have shown them proof we did and so on. They (police and city attorney, who is his buddy) don't seem to care. What can I do? I have an attorney, but i'm not sure, how far he goes. :eek:

ENASNI

utsava said:
What is the name of your state?AZ
ok, to make a long story short. Someone made a false police report on me and has a order of protection you can call fraud. He requested to come to my place of work while i'm working (had an order against him, that he couldn't come when i'm working). So i gave in so he wouldn't make me any more legal problems (long story) (I gave in, he basically blackmailed me). Anyhow, he knows my schedule inside out, but goes there (a gym) to work out once,twice a week and comes now ONLY on my work schedule. He still wants to date me, what he always denied, is basically stalking me in his own sick,slick way. He saw me coming out of the work are where I work and was sitting there a few times, basically like 20 inches from my office door. He has been seen by my co-workers too and has been watching me. He just stated, he has a legal right to sit there and to go to the gym whenever he wants. But he CHOOSES to be there ONLY when I'm there inspite his previous pressing charges and telling them I'm a dangerous person and having an order of protection. Then he started making contact, violating the order of protection directly, but i don't have proof.
My question: Where and how is this guy violating the law and what can i do about it? The police questioned him, but he denies even having seen me, even i have proof he did see me. He lies about everything.
Other question; from the previous case against me,he turned in some tapes he has tampered. He lied in court on several things, like said, we never lived together, but i have shown them proof we did and so on. They (police and city attorney, who is his buddy) don't seem to care. What can I do? I have an attorney, but i'm not sure, how far he goes. :eek:
By now you should know he is violating the precsient . or something or other.

Other people better in the law an more awake may come... and I be some may give some crap.. in fact ... bet on it .

AmosMoses

ENASNI,

I don't really understand your reply, but that may just be me not getting what you are saying:

By now you should know he is violating the precsient . or something or other.

Other people better in the law an more awake may come... and I be some may give some crap.. in fact ... bet on it .
More importantly, utsava, I don't follow you here:

He requested to come to my place of work while i'm working (had an order against him, that he couldn't come when i'm working). So i gave in so he wouldn't make me any more legal problems (long story) (I gave in, he basically blackmailed me).
When you say that (the above), do you mean that you dropped a restraining order that you had against him, or are you saying that you simply told him that he could come despite the order?

Obviously, first of all, if you have a restraining order, you need to enforce it if he breaks it...and, if you do have this order, evidently you have managed to convince a judge that he is of some potential danger to you, convincing enough to have th order granted. Conversely you also state,:

Someone made a false police report on me and has a order of protection you can call fraud.
so, it seems that he may have been successful in getting a "protective order" against you. Which is correct, if any (or maybe both)?

In Louisiana, and I expect likely in your state, too, there is more than one type of this sort of injunctive relief that you can get, restraining orders and protective orders. The protective order, I am led to believe, is "worse". I am fairly certain that the "defendant" in a protective order (I guess you'd call him that....the one who the order is issued ON) cannot have a firearm, and the protective order is also entered into some sort of federal registry, as opposed to a normal restraining order that usually just sets hard limits barring contact between the parties. The protective order also, I believe, requires a bit more extensive legal workings to have granted.

Now, I don't really know what to say to you here in the way of being much help to you, but I think that if you kinda clarify your post you may be a bit more likely to get help from the people here who really know about this stuff, some of the specific clarification I am referring to here being:

Who has "an order" against them, you and/or him, and is it a restraining order or a protective order, or what? Who got relief granted first?

You also state:

I have an attorney, but i'm not sure, how far he goes.
Well, you definitely did right in hiring counsel....what does he say about this? I mean, you are MUCH better off asking your lawyer these questions rather than asking on a legal forum. Nothing wrong with you asking on this forum here, mind you, but I am curious as to why you would ask here rather than ask him, you know?

Where and how is this guy violating the law and what can i do about it?
Well, if you have a valid order that he is breaking the conditions of, that is against the law, and you can call the cops and have him arrested for doing so.

Other question; from the previous case against me,he turned in some tapes he has tampered. He lied in court on several things, like said, we never lived together, but i have shown them proof we did and so on. They (police and city attorney, who is his buddy) don't seem to care. What can I do? I have an attorney, but i'm not sure, how far he goes.
Again, I don't follow your exact question here, or if I do, you are asking far too generic of a question to answer. It seems to me that you don't give near enough info, nor specific enough info, for anyone to really figure out exactly what you are asking, much less for them to figure how to answer the question....if I am wrong there, and I quite possibly am, I am sure that someone will eventually give you an appropriate answer. However, some clarification on your part most surely won't hurt!!

Based on what you are asking here, I'd just generally say that you need to enforce any order you have against him...if you have an order signed by a judge that says that this guy is not to be within so many feet of you, and he breaks that condition (or any other condition(s)), call the police... (keep a copy of the order with you). If you have any more specific questions, I'd recommend that you give your lawyer a ring. You and the lawyer both need to keep each other updated, and you both need to be on the same page anyway!

Best of luck to you....

utsava

clarification

this whole thing is really a long story.
anyhow, we have order of protections against each other, and believe me, his is all bogus.
He filed charges for harrassment against me, but tampered with the evidence, he altered my message i left him. The charges are dropped.
this is someone who abuses the justice system to get even, because i have rejected him. He still wants to date me and is stalking me now at my place of work.
I wanted to know what i can do legally for all the misconducts he did.
My attorney is very busy, and i want a second oppinion. :cool:

AmosMoses

I believe that what you are asking is most likely way too complicated and convoluted for an advice forum. It's most surely nothing that I can help you with, and the conspicuous silence from the people who DO know about this sorta thing pretty much tells me the same thing. Notwithstanding, if I wanted a second opinion concerning my lawyer, I'd go to another lawyer, the same way I would go to a doctor if I wanted a second opinion on a medical problem.

I do wish that I could help you more....

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">