• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Restraining order I did not put in place.....?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

b.inbox@hotmail

Oregon
My fiance is now on probation after the neighbors heard an argument. They believed there was domestic violence. There was indeed yelling but no physical actions. I left to clear my head and he was arrested on domestic assault. I was not even there for the arrest! ANYWAY he now has a restraining order put in place and can not contact me. Can this be lifted if I did not put this in place? What can I do about this? I can not contact him and he is my fiance! He has a polygraph test to show if he has contacted me, so we are not risking it. What do we do? Can I lift this restraining order?

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
I think that part of this story may be missing.

Why would he have been arrested with no evidence of assault? Not even a victim? Based on what? Yelling?

b.inbox@hotmail

YES that is the part that I am extremely confused about! I was not spoken to and I was not injured. The neighbors are older and ahem *snoody* They told the cops they were certain it was physical. Can I go to the police station and make a report? I don't know what the hell to do!

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
Why didn't you deal with this at the time it happened? You said your fiance is on probation. The criminal proceedings have been concluded? Do you really mean he's on probation? Or is he out on bail?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">