• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Revenge Gone Wrong

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

INXS_fan

What is the name of your state? My cousin is in NJ

Okay here's the scenario..... My cousin we'll call her "Ann" had a problem with someone stealing her food out of the shared fridge at work. Well she got pissed and spiked her food with epson salt or detergent (not sure cause I've gotten different variations from family) and left as a trap for the theif. Well Ann confided in 2 co-workers about her plan. The culprit was caught "Tammy" ate the food and got very sick(vomiting),the ambulance was called. Fast forward to today........basically it got back to Tammy the food she ate was poisoned by my cousin. She wants to press charges against her....and wants her fired.

I know my cousin was dead wrong to go as far as to poison food. What can she expect? I know it's a toughie. I'm stuck between informing her that she deserves what she gets for going to far for revenge or the Tammy chick deserves what she gets for stealing food. Just need the legal ramifications of this. Thanks

outonbail

Has she been charged with a crime? If so, what crime(s) are they?

Don't know how to answer with the legal ramifications for an unknown crime. But I can say that attempted murder can put a real damper on her living a happy future. Unless she's already a lesbian, then it's not as bad as it would be for those having to adapt to the same sex for physical stimulation.

Poisoning the food huh, what was she thinking? How could she be so sure the same person would consume the tainted dish as had consumed her food in the past? Did she entice the bait any? Maybe clear wrap that piece of bananna cream pie or cut the brownie into bite size chunks and set them on an open plate?

Do any minors have access to her food, like maybe someone bringing their child in with them on the weekend when their playing catch up at the office?

Would her problem have been solved by storing her lunch in her own cooler, in her own vehicle or placing a lock on her lunch box? Or did she have some suspicion as to who the culprit was and felt that a near death experience would be the best educater under the circumstances?

Was she proud of her potentially deadly accomplishment, which would explain her shooting off at the mouth and utilizing bragging rights from the incident?

Do you believe that eating someone elses food to battle hunger should be punishable by death? How about murder?

Tell the selfish bitch that she will soon discover that there are bigger troubles in this world than her twinkie missing from the office refrigerator. In fact, her twinkie will become the topic of desire fairly soon and she'll learn to share it freely, while she's tossing salad with the big girls! :eek:

AmosMoses

Obviously, this thing could play out many ways, depending on just how far the victim wants it to go with it. My guess is that she will probably need to find another job and may very well wind up in civil and criminal court. It all depends. Think about it this way; your cousin was aggravated enough by someone snatching her Ding-Dongs, Twinkies, or whatever (generically known as "zoo-zoos" in the Big House, you may want to let her know for future reference) that she actually poisoned them, and was so elated doing so that she blabbed about it. Now, the shoe is on the other foot, and I am going to bet that the victim is going to be at least as interested in revenge as your cousin was, but all she has to do to exact it is formally complain, and she has several venues to do it in (employment complaint, civil complaint, criminal complaint).

No one is going to be able to tell you what is likely to happen given the information that you posted, merely what could possibly happen. I can assure you that it could be just as bad as she could imagine it being. She's got a lot to be worried about.

Veronica1228

I've heard of ex-lax brownies, but your cousin went waaaaay too far. The food stealer could have died. I would expect your cousin to be fired at the very least, but she'll probably get even worse. Dumb move.

Detergent......whoa :eek: Why would she use something so dangerous???? I mean the person shouldn't be stealing the food but how are you to know that the same person keeps doing it. This is really serious.... Screw the job....think about possible jail time.

They had an incident last year where these middle school girls made a cake with all kinds of nasty things in it as a joke and brought it to school and some students were taken to the hospital b/c of the poisoning.

Detergent......smh :(

Veronica1228

castro76 said:
what she did was very wrong, probably she already regreting that.
anyway, she will need to hire good lawyer, and she need to deny the fact that she actually poisoned the food, were there people around when she put that dangerous staff there? does that lunch room has cameras? any witnesses that would testify under the oath that they actually saw her poisoning her lunch with something dangerous and even if they saw her putting something how do they know that she wasnt just putting some spice or salt, cause she maybe likes to eat salty food?
since it was shared fridge EVERYONE had an access to it, and ANYONE could put poison in her food, maybe she was suppose to be a victim.
Well, anyway, tell her to get a lawyer, and deny all attempted muder accusations, because i am sure she DIDNT mean to kill anyone. And it would be very hard to prove if she did.
and I am sure she already learned her lesson.
good luck
This is extremely stupid advice. If she lies and is caught, it will be even worse for her. She should hire a lawyer, tell him the absolute truth, and then follow the lawyer's instructions.

Why must we endure idiot posters (castro) who advise people to break the law???

AmosMoses

Castro,

I get a strange vibe when I read your post, kinda like a strong sense of deja vu. I know your writing from somewhere....I know that writing from somewhere!

Wait a minuuute!! You're the same guy who translates and writes English instructions from Japanese instructions for all those little electronic goodies we buy, aren't you??!! Man, I am a HUGE fan! I have read all your work! I recall one of your best pieces of all time, the instructions for the Takeshawa voltmeter:

"Taking the red wire and placing into hole in body from voltmeter also the resemble the black wire. Also. Placing in comparment battery always using the safety measure! NEVER PLACING THE BATTERY CABLE LOOSE!"

When it comes to instruction set translation and transcription, you are the man, castro!

Veronica1228

You know Amos, I was just reading through Castro's post again because it is just plain old good reading. I especially like the part about liking salty food and then denying attempted "muder" accusations. That is good stuff!!!

INXS_fan

I talked to Ann directly yesterday evening.....found out it wasn't detergent or epsom salt, but it was crushed up dog food ???:confused: (I can't deal with word of mouth from other sources anymore) Doesn't matter it's still gross. She's on suspension w/o pay until further investigation is complete. She did inform me that others were complaining of stolen food as well. She also said that Tammy finally admited to stealing the food to their supervior.....I'm guessing she had to given the circumstances. She's been placed on suspension as well. It looks like they'll just both lose their jobs at this point. As far as pressed charges she still doesn't know at this point.

She even had the nerve to get mad at me cause I told her I posted the situation here. I'm just trying to help.....I didn't know what to do.

Last edited:

Veronica1228

INXS_fan said:
I talked to Ann directly yesterday evening.....found out it wasn't detergent or epsom salt, but it was crushed up dog food ???:confused: (I can't deal with word of mouth from other sources anymore) Doesn't matter it's still gross. She's on suspension w/o pay until further investigation is complete. She did inform me that others were complaining of stolen food as well. She also said that Tammy finally admited to stealing the food to their supervior.....I'm guessing she had to given the circumstances. She's been placed on suspension as well. It looks like they'll just both lose their jobs at this point. As far as pressed charges she still doesn't know at this point.

She even had the nerve to get mad at me cause I told her I posted the situation here. I'm just trying to help.....I didn't know what to do.
Dude, if she is mad at you, do NOT eat anything she gives you!!! :D

enjay

Is it really illegal to put dog food, or detergent, or anything else in food that was meant to be consumed by no one but you? You could argue that the coworker's illness was brought about by illegal activity on her part (petty theft).

kathrynne

AmosMoses said:
Castro,

I get a strange vibe when I read your post, kinda like a strong sense of deja vu. I know your writing from somewhere....I know that writing from somewhere!

Wait a minuuute!! You're the same guy who translates and writes English instructions from Japanese instructions for all those little electronic goodies we buy, aren't you??!! Man, I am a HUGE fan! I have read all your work! I recall one of your best pieces of all time, the instructions for the Takeshawa voltmeter:

"Taking the red wire and placing into hole in body from voltmeter also the resemble the black wire. Also. Placing in comparment battery always using the safety measure! NEVER PLACING THE BATTERY CABLE LOOSE!"

When it comes to instruction set translation and transcription, you are the man, castro!
You know that's called "Engrish" and there's a website devoted to "good" examples:

http://www.engrish.com/

Veronica1228

castro76 said:
OK OK,
What do you think all defence lawyers do? Be honest?
It is all a big game! Client needs to protect himself and lawyers has to do the same thing, PROTECT!
Veronica, you would make louzy lawyer! :eek:
if you are studying to be one, change profession!
I certainly hope that you are not studying to be an English teacher. Learn how to spell, buddy.

A defense attorney is not going to encourage his client to perjure themselves. They could get disbarred for that you idiot. You are such a menace to this site. I don't know why you are still here.

By the way, the OP originally stated that he was told his cousin put detergent in the food. Do you know what is in some detergents? Lye. Do you know what lye does to human tissue? No? That's what search engines are for. Go Google yourself!!!

That is why we were all being so "dramatic"!

outonbail

Hmm, i didnt know that you spell LIE "Lye", hmm, maybe you need to watch your grammar, sweetie!
Ha,ha, ha, ha, ha, ROFLAO,,, please stop, your killing me here,,,,, Oh man, I have to try and catch my breath,,,,

Attempted Murder by LIE, must not have been a little white one.

But I'm still so confused, how do detergent manufacturers get the "Lie" in their product to begin with and what keeps it there? After all, it is a cleaning product?

Ha, ha ha, I have to thank you Castro, I needed this laugh in a bad way, if nothing else, your truly entertaining!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">