• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

review of my confiscated items

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? ca

police had a warrent for my place for weapons, they took a lot of stuff but some of them are totally legal, do i have the right to request them to examine all the stuff that was taken so i can get some of them back

CdwJava

galileo415 said:
police had a warrent for my place for weapons, they took a lot of stuff but some of them are totally legal, do i have the right to request them to examine all the stuff that was taken so i can get some of them back
When they return the warrant and the receipt to the court, your attorney can make a motion for the items to be returned. Chances are this will be declined until the case is filed and the DA has had a chance to decide what is evidence and what is not.

In other words, don't expect any of your stuff back until after the matter is resolved.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">