• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Right to Speedy Trial Quesions

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Joluma

What is the name of your state? Alabama

Well, I could say I have a friend who has a problem........but you wouldn't believe it. So, the truth is my grandson has a problem. Remember now, I said grandson, so ya'll go easy on me, please. :) :)

What is the timeline for a speedy trial? He has already filed the motion, but won't he need to file another motion to have charges dismissed if court date is not set? If so, when (how many days) should he do this? Is it 90 days from he date he filed the first motion? :confused:

Can you recommend a website where I can download forms for this or at least see a sample?

Thank you kindly and have a great day! ;)

Joluma

Joluma

Too scared to answer?

Come on now. I know someone here has this answer. Did I scare you away?
Didn't mean to. :)

AmosMoses

Joluma,

I don't know if this will help you or not, but try to hit Westlaw and/or Loislaw...at times, they have like a 15 day "free trial" where you can generally access some information for your home state. To the best that I can recall Westlaw generally just had some case law available, but Loislaw, I believe, had some sort of basic formulary available, too. Now, the free trial deal, if in effect, is a one time thing, so shoot your shot when you do...two weeks, I believe, and if you try to sign up for it again you can't, but I am not sure if that is because it logs your IP (depending on if you have a static IP or not), if it places some sort of cookie on your PC (which I doubt because I tried to double up by deleting my cookies), or what. Changing your registration info will obviously not help you either, but swapping PCs will. Two weeks should be all you need anyway.

Best of luck to you.

Joluma

Thanks

Thanks, Amosmoses! Going now to check out those sites.

Way down south, huh? Redneck and proud of it? Me, too. Redneck ain't nothing but a state of mind! I luv Jeff Foxworthy.

crbjor929

Good Morning

Joluma said:
What is the name of your state? Alabama

Well, I could say I have a friend who has a problem........but you wouldn't believe it. So, the truth is my grandson has a problem. Remember now, I said grandson, so ya'll go easy on me, please. :) :)

What is the timeline for a speedy trial? He has already filed the motion, but won't he need to file another motion to have charges dismissed if court date is not set? If so, when (how many days) should he do this? Is it 90 days from he date he filed the first motion? :confused:

Can you recommend a website where I can download forms for this or at least see a sample?

Thank you kindly and have a great day! ;)

Joluma
HI I'M CANDI TRY THESE SITES THEY ARE FREE AND GIVE ADVICE ( LAWYERANDSETTLEMENTS.COM ) ( LAWGURU.COM) AND ( WONDIR.COM ) I HOPE THIS HELPS, I HAVE BEEN TOLD THAT IT IS 60 DAYS THATS IN UTAH :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">