• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

rights to protect

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kgsquirrel1

What is the name of your state?california, why am i being charged for assalt when the indavidual i assalted came to my home,was making threats,kicking my door and windows,then spit on my girlfriend and then pushed her down to the ground,then lunged toward me so i grabbed a stick and hit him.dont i have a right to protect my home,myself,relatives and guests

CdwJava

kgsquirrel1 said:
What is the name of your state?california, why am i being charged for assalt when the indavidual i assalted came to my home,was making threats,kicking my door and windows,then spit on my girlfriend and then pushed her down to the ground,then lunged toward me so i grabbed a stick and hit him.dont i have a right to protect my home,myself,relatives and guests
You grabbed a "stick"? Were you inside? You have a "stick" inside the house?

What did you REALLY hit him with?

Why weren't the police called when this person showed up causing a problem?

Did your girlfriend support your version of events? Did she ask for charges of battery to be filed against the other guy?

There is a lot you're not telling us here.

In general, self defense is an argument asserted in court to justify an assault. It is not necessarily a defense against an arrest.

- Carl

MMMMMMM, yeah, right!!! That's how the story went. I am sure we got all the details...... waste of time.......... going now.....

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">