• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Rights while in jail?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

LaulyPop

Brookelea -

OMG, looks like gooberitiz is a little overzealous about joining the ranks of the Zippa Zeroes...

I KNOW that you requested that people not reply to your post unless they had a relevant, educated response; however, I'd like to commend you for saying, and reinforce the fact that not all people that go to jail are bad, and that anyone who's shallow enough to think that ought to be jailed just for being an idiot.

I am a Mom. (and a damn good one at that!) I work a full time job, I'm a PTA member, I don't litter, I pay my taxes, I play with my kids every day, and I read to them every night. I made an honest (but silly) mistake a couple years ago, and my court appointed counsel stood there with his thumb up his keyster when the courts gave him a turn to speak out on my behalf.

I got 30 days.

I begin my sentence in exactly 8 hours and 45 minutes from now. I'm scared to death but my hands are tied.

Wouldn't it be funny if this happened to YOUR Mother, Zippa? Or even to King Zippa himself?

Anyhow, I plan on showing up at the jail in the morning, on time, and with my head held high....... because I know that I'm a good person.

That is to say:
"I'm okay. You, Zippa, are an azzhole.":D

B

brookelea

gooberitiz quote:

"guess your husband has FINALLY learned a very PAINFULL lesson in life skills:

Dont do anything stupid enough, so you wind up in JAIL!!!"

I ask this one question. Had this injury occurred elsewhere, such as someone's property or a commercial retail location for an activity they were providing, would you belittle the situation then?

be careful how you treat others that one day something terrible doesnt happen to you that is injust and you yourself should wind up in jail and be looked upon by the rest of the world as pond scum. (innocent people go to jail everyday) Just because they were there, does that mean they of the worst caliber of citizen in this country?

To LaulyPop -
Thank you for your example. We learned ourselves just how effective public counsel is on someone's behalf when the accused is innocent. They push paperwork for the prosecutor and assume guilt before innocence in most cases. Our public defender never once asked my husbands side of the story, only went off what the police report stated. police reports seem to be good as gold no matter what is stated in their eyes. A police officer would never lie right? We had to fight for ourselves, and it was still a losing battle (unless you have $$$ to pay for a defense, ie OJ Simpson)

I am so sorry you had to experience this same thing yourself. I hope the best for you!

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">