• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Riverside county penal code 859b

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Tulipd

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Calf. Riverside my name is andra and im writing in regaurds to a friend that is in robert presly detention center and he has been for 200 plus days and he has still not gone to his prilimanay hearing every time he has gone to court district attony comes up with some reason why they dont move foward the last 3 times it s they dont have the rest of discovery and jyst set a date for next hearing the hearing before last they had a judge stani g i for the normal o e and he told tbe D.A that if he dide t have the rest of discovery by next hearing they would dismiss well came and gone and this tim e it was 2 months till prelim every time they just pospone so how can he make his lawyer do something about it because in riverside they all work together and they get away with it

CdwJava

I suspect that your friend has waived time.

If his attorney can push the issue, he will. It may not be in their best interest to go to trial early. And, if he is also being held on a parole/probation violation, he may have no choice.

It's HIS option to push for a preliminary hearing sooner rather than later. His attorney can make the proper motion if the state has failed to follow the proper procedures.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">