• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Robbery Victim

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bbbman

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? texas

Back in during memorial weekend, I met 2 females on the street that offer me sex for money, I took up one of them on the offer and took her to her apartment, where 3 guys and the female beat and robbed me. I put in a police report with a slightly different story that i was robbed by this group on the street close to my apartment. The Detective has called and send me an email asking for additional information.

About 2 weeks ago, I saw the same girl with a different female apparently running the same scam on the street offering sex with 2 girls. I want to know what exact procedure can I follow to get these bad people off the street but don't get myself in trouble with the law or these bad people coming after me again.

The thought I had was to contact the police with a tip story that i saw these folks doing this scam and give them as much detail so that they can exercise a sting operation. That way they wont get caught for the crime that they did to me directly, however, they will get caught and they will not do it to some one else and have something worst happen to them. The Detective has called and send me an email asking for additional information. If this is a good idea, what steps do i take to do it, should it be done anonymously? if so, how do i do that? or is it best to help the cops directly but ask that i dont be put on record. if that is possible I could literally flagged an officer down one day and get in his car direct him to them if i see them.

Also, I went to Parkland hospital which is suppose to be the county hospital, because, I dont have insurance and Ive been basically unemployed for the past 2 years, although i recently got a temporary job, I had so many other friends, family and creditors i had to pay back get myself back on my feet. I'm looking for more work now. However, the hospital just sent me a bill for over $3,000, how do i resolve this bill without having to pay it or have it get on my credit. I am working hard to get myself back on my feet with the lost of my father my apartment 6 mos. and now this, it has been hard for me. What is the best approach for this ? What do i tell them when I call them about this bill. I thought I would get a bill from them. I could have gone to a much better emergency facility if this was going to happen.

Thanks

Mass_Shyster

My guess is that the boat has sailed on your ability to help the police do their job.

You provided them with false information regarding the robbery. If you had given them the correct information, there's a much better chance that something could be done. Even if they are arrested, what will you say when put on the stand to testify? Will you perjure yourself or will you admit that you previously lied to the police but are now telling the truth? Either way, your testimony will not be credible.

I suggest you keep your mouth shut and do not admit to the police that you solicited prostitution or that you filed a false police report, unless advised to do so by an attorney.

bbbman

Hind site 20/20

What would have happened if I did give them a true report for a law perspective?

What about the idea i had about just reporting the crime anonyously or off the record if i see the females again to alert them that may want to check out a potential crime in progress. I have already put aside getting them for my crime directly. I want these bad people off the street.

jiggy78

Bad idea. You could be charged with a number of things. Put this incident behind you and never do it again. Sex is not worth your life.

Mass_Shyster

What would have happened if I did give them a true report for a law perspective?
I have no idea. They could arrest you for soliciting prostitution and filing a false police report, or they could do nothing, or anything in between.

What about the idea i had about just reporting the crime anonyously or off the record if i see the females again to alert them that may want to check out a potential crime in progress. I have already put aside getting them for my crime directly. I want these bad people off the street.
Anonymous tips lack credibility. They are generally not sufficient to support a search warrant or an arrest warrant.

There is no such thing as "Off the record". That's a concept invented by television.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">