• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Roommate problems

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cukoocat20

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio

So I just moved out of an apartment, which I shared with one roommate, her boyfriend was also living there but not on the lease. I did not leave on good terms with her. She is now claiming that when I moved my furniture out, I stole her boyfriends phone, I obviously didn't. The police department is now calling my parents, should I speak to an officer, if so should i get an attorney?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

kroam82

If you did not do it I would go ahead and talk to the cops, but not before consulting an attorney. I really don't see the cops pursuing this thing as it is a very low dollar issue, but better to be safe then sorry. Are you sure they only reported a phone or are they accusing you of other things?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">