• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

rules on serving summons

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

justice101

What is the name of your state? Virginia
I posted here a while ago (arrest with a summons) but one of the main things I wanted to know is EXACTLY how are police supposed to serve a magisrate summons and what right's do police have in trying to serve it? Are they allowed to go into a house uninvited? Also, are they supposed to drop the summons off, or do they need a signature? I don't care if people believe my earlier post-it is definitely the truth. My lawyer isn't going to focus on their abuse, or their lies, that my mother and daughter witnessed the whole thing or a whole lot of other things they did wrong. He's just going to focus on how they delivered the summons, that they had no right in coming into the house in the first place.
If they had no right to barge their way into the house-why did the judge in my preliminary hearing allow this to go on to trial? If anyone can refer me to sites on the rules of summons's, or give any advice I'd sure appreciate it. I do have a lawyer but I would like to be as knowledgeable as possible. Thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">