• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

S.O.L. on a conviction.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

longago

While driving in MA I was stopped and searched. The officer found an ounce of pot and arrested me. I did then and still do live in another state. They charged me with (possession with intent to sell). After numerous court appearances I was offered possession with a fine. I was a kid at the time and did not have the money, and since I lived in another state felt "whatever". I am older now and it sits on my mind from time to time, and I would like to fix this problem. Since I did not pay the fine I am assuming there is a warrant for my arrest issued. Is there a S.O.L. on warrents and what is it? And does this even apply to my situation?

racer72

There is most likely a warrant with your name on it and warrants do not have an SOL. Some day a minor traffic infraction could result in your arrest and a lot more other headaches.

C

cjabg

Go turn yourself in, bail yourself out and get a court date. Go to trial.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">