• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Scared

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sistervictim

i AM LOOKING FOR SOME ADVISE. i WAS RECENTLY SITED FOR PETTY THEFT. STUPID I KNOW. I HAVE NOT DONE ANYTHING LIKE THIS BEFORE. MY HUSBAND IS SOMEWHAT ABUSIVE AND HE GAVE ME SOME MONEY TO BUY HIS NEPHEW A PAIR OF PANTS FOR HIS B-DAY I HAVE A CELL OHONE THAT HE KNOWS NOTHING ABOUT. I CHOSE TO USE HIS MONEY TO PAY MY BILL AND THEN I DIDN'T KNOW WHAT TO DO ABOUT THE PANTS SO I JUST TOOK THEM. STUPID I KNOW. BUT I WAS SCARED AND NOW I AM EVEN MORE SCARED HOW DO I KEEP HIM FROM KNOWING AND WHAT ARE MY OPTIONS?

The Occultist

Firstly, typing in all caps makes it very difficult to read your post, and it is also considered "yelling" to do so. So please stop that.

Secondly, you've put yourself in a very stupid situation. Keeping the situation from your husband has nothing to do with the law, so you're probably not going to get an answer for that here.

Assuming this is a first offense for you, you'll probably be looking at a fine from the court, followed by a civil demand from the store you attempted to steal from, which means you can expect to be paying SEVERAL hundred dollars.

outonbail

I HAVE A CELL OHONE THAT HE KNOWS NOTHING ABOUT. I CHOSE TO USE HIS MONEY TO PAY MY BILL
Why would you need a cell phone that you don't want your husband to know about?

I believe this shoplifting problem is just the beginning of an avalanche of problems which are about to bury you,,,,,

quincy

sistervictim - You may want to keep this number in a safe place and hidden from your husband - it is the National Domestic Abuse Hotline - 1-800-799-7233. Anyone who has a secret cell phone and steals pants so her husband won't find out she spent the money he gave her, will probably need this number at some time in the future. A wife should never be that afraid of her husband. Good luck.

mike_lee

Don't be a victim, you shouldn't have to hide a cell phone from your husband. My wife does things like that and I complain (loudly) but in the end it's a partnership and she has 50% control of the resources. It's difficult when you are terrified of someone to then find the courage to stand up to them. Because of this you should probably leave. It's difficult at first but life's too short to waste in this type of situation. A good shelter could help you and as a side bonus they could probably get the charges dismissed. When I worked with a teen drug abuse program the director could get anything short of a felony dropped with a single call.

You could also go to the store and ask for mercy - offer restitution. Try to stop it before you go to court

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">