• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

search my house?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

aclark17

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA
The next door neighbir has thw tendancy to call the police over things like water on his driveway when this happened the police threatened to search mt house can they do this legally

Mass_Shyster

The next door neighbir has thw tendancy to call the police over things like water on his driveway when this happened the police threatened to search mt house can they do this legally
There are no laws that I'm aware of that prohibit threatening to search a house.

CdwJava

Why would they want to search your house over water in the neighbor's driveway?

As indicated, no law or policy has been broken by an officer threatening to search your home. If an officer actually does search your home without a warrant, consult legal counsel ASAP after the incident to look into the possibility of any legal action ... provided the officer does not have probable cause and an exigency to justify the search.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Why would they want to search your house over water in the neighbor's driveway?

As indicated, no law or policy has been broken by an officer threatening to search your home. If an officer actually does search your home without a warrant, consult legal counsel ASAP after the incident to look into the possibility of any legal action ... provided the officer does not have probable cause and an exigency to justify the search.
Well considering this OP is the one who hasn't paid over $3k in tickets AND has several other threads going (including governor's pardon for possession of mj -- felony), I am thinking there very well could be a warrant out for OP's arrest OR OP might be hiding mj or something else that he doesn't want the police to know about it. Just based on posting history.

CdwJava

Well considering this OP is the one who hasn't paid over $3k in tickets AND has several other threads going (including governor's pardon for possession of mj -- felony), I am thinking there very well could be a warrant out for OP's arrest OR OP might be hiding mj or something else that he doesn't want the police to know about it. Just based on posting history.
Ah ... didn't connect the names ... if this is the case, the OP better be careful. If there IS an arrest warrant, they can make entry to his home to look for him at any time they believe he might be there.

I wonder if the water runoff was from an irrigation system for some plants that went awry?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">