• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

search personal property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Janeen

What is the name of your state?AZ
I was taken in for a possible DUI, not arrested yet. I noticed i didn' have my wallet and remembered it was left in my vehicle, I asked the officer if someone could get my wallet, because it had $386,00 in it because I had gotten paid - cash that night after work.. about 15 minutes later, an officer came strolling in and says there was no money but i did find this, holding up a bindle (drugs) and i was then arrested for possession?
Can that officer actually go thru my wallet, since i was not under arrest at the time?

And no it was not mine, did enough drugs in the 60 - 70's and just don't like em anymore, and won't pay the price...

Any comments on this, the officer was pretty cocky, like he caught the mouse.. On arraignmentl, the Judge dismissed without prejedice. would somebody please explain what that mean??

thank you

HomeGuru

Janeen said:
What is the name of your state?AZ
I was taken in for a possible DUI, not arrested yet. I noticed i didn' have my wallet and remembered it was left in my vehicle, I asked the officer if someone could get my wallet, because it had $386,00 in it because I had gotten paid - cash that night after work.. about 15 minutes later, an officer came strolling in and says there was no money but i did find this, holding up a bindle (drugs) and i was then arrested for possession?
Can that officer actually go thru my wallet, since i was not under arrest at the time?

And no it was not mine, did enough drugs in the 60 - 70's and just don't like em anymore, and won't pay the price...

Any comments on this, the officer was pretty cocky, like he caught the mouse.. On arraignmentl, the Judge dismissed without prejedice. would somebody please explain what that mean??

thank you
**A: I have no idea what that without prejedice mean. Could it be some form of gambling like craps?

B

BillyBG

Sure. its like saying, "Get my bag". For officer safety, he's not going to hand you a bag with a gun in it. He's not going to hand you a wallet so you can snort coke in the back of his car.

A

aliciadenise

It means the case can be picked back up by the courts, if commonwealth attor. or police get more evidence to make a conviction.

Last edited:
K

kcdogg

Przybylo said:
This site can help you with your issue:

http://www.na.org

The 1st step is to admit you have a problem...

Why do you assume he has a problem? He said the drugs were not his. I would say that because the manner in which the drugs were alledgedly found and his money missing, that the judge made his decision and put it back on the DA to prove that the drugs were indeed his. Since you are assuming the drugs were his, the cops must have taken his money and bought the drugs and alledged they found them in his wallet. And further, since you are assuming based on the context of your post, you are an idiot.
All the guy is doing is asking questions and you with all your infamous wisdom have resorted to passing judgement on the man or woman
check this site out
http://www.copwatch.com/

Last edited:

Janeen

Search person possesions

thank you KCdogg, i couldn't said it better, He is a moron, and i'm a her. When i saw that jerks answer, I thought, maybe he's one of the reasons all those AA, CA get a bad reputation, when they can really help people. But not when they allow idiots like him..I was going to answer a few days ago, but I didn't want to get kicked of this site. One of my suggestions was to be that he quit ca and go to his community college and take english101 and understand what you write-101..
Thanks again

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">