• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

search and seizure

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dilli4

What is the name of your state? Commonwealth of Kentucky
I understand that a commonwealth state has different governing rules than other states. But where I live in a small town our "law officals" seem to be making their own rules. In the fight against drug wars our business owners are neglected in protection, as are our citizens, because they insist on "getting" all drug offenders in our town! Which I am for, but they seem to violate even the offenders rights, and this is one of many incidents that are happening like! Ex...planting evidence in vehicles, when searching a woman's person will put thier hands in thier pockets and bras etc and there is no female officer on the force the male officers do this. We have people out on 5/6 bails posted at a time. Thought rural life would be serene!
So when arresting an individual with a search warrant they are taken immediatly to jail while the search is conducted at the residence for hours without the owners/renters present and then return with the prisioners charges? Legal? Also when their bail is set... they are told that they have to sign a waiver of search and seizure before they can be released on bail? Legal? Seems wrong to waive your constitutional rights before being released on bail? So they now can readily kick in their door at anytime thereafter when they see fit without activating a warrant!
So,your bail is ready to be posted, if you do not sign this paper they will not allow bail to be posted and you will sit untill your court date? Where did the rights of "innocent untill proven guilty go?" Seems somewhat unfair!! But life isn't always fair is it!! Thanks dilli4

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">