• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Search and Seizure

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Q

qdog112

What is the name of your state? NC. Former employer suspected me of stealing proprietary software that I told them I did not have. I agreed to sign a sworn statement which the employer tried to attach to a release of "all claims". I refused to sign it because of the waiver. Next they got a search warrant and seized two PCs and some CDs and floppies. My property ws taken May 23, 2003. The warrant stated larcency by an employee. To date, no charges have been filed and I am unble to recover my prpoerty. All efforts and queries have led me back to the PD that took the prpoerty and all they say is the investigation is ongoing. How do I get my stuff back? There is no doubt, the software they are seeking does not exist. Since there are no charges do I just wait?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">