• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

search and seizure

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

PrincessD

What is the name of your state? Florida

Hi everybody!I am desperately looking for help...My hubby was arrested and charged of sexual battery and simple assault.A "friend" of ours charged my husband of touching her in offensive manner and beating her up.What has really happened at our home is not what she actually told the police and the investigators later;she lied to them.My husband told me that he had never seen a testimony officially signed by her.She is an illegal immigrant and there was not a certified translator when she was questioned.Now,I want to ask if we can file a motion to suppress all collected evidence since she has had a key from our home.And can we file a motion to supress everything that she said since she does not speak English as a first language and a translator was not made available.I appreciate any given answer or advice! Thank you very much.

Last edited:

CdwJava

PrincessD said:
What is the name of your state? Florida

Hi everybody!I am desperately looking for help...My hubby was arrested and charged of sexual battery and simple assault.A "friend" of ours charged my husband of touching her in offensive manner and beating her up.What has really happened at our home is not what she actually told the police and the investigators later;she lied to them.My husband told me that he had never seen a testimony officially signed by her.She is an illegal immigrant and there was not a certified translator when she was questioned.Now,I want to ask if we can file a motion to suppress all collected evidence since she has had a key from our home.And can we file a motion to supress everything that she said since she does not speak English as a first language and a translator was not made available.I appreciate any given answer or advice! Thank you very much.
You cannot suppress her statement to the police. And her written statement is not an issue, her statement at trial would be.

You mention a key and collected evidence ... was their other evidence (besides her statement) obtained? If so, how was it obtained?

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">