• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

search warrants

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lillisa4

I'm from Arkansas and was recently charged in Kentucky on drug charges. My question is this.. Can the law enforment use this arrest as a reason to serve a search warrant on my house looking for more of the suspected drug that I was charged with? Reason I am curious about this is because in this state if you are arrested and they find drugs or anything used to make drugs then they will immediately get a search warrant for you residence. Any help out there on this.. thanks

racer72

The use of search warrants of obtain evidence is common and is perfectly legal. You present no evidence of wrongdoing (except on your part).

M

Mikedani

With the info you gave it would seem 'No'. However you leave a lot of questions unanswered. For Law Enforcement to get a Search Warrant they need current, varified information that you are engaged in illegal activity now. What you did in the past is not usable to get a Warrant.

However,
Was the open case in Arkansas resolved? Are you on Parole? Are you a fugitive? Are you engaged in the same activity now?

There are a lot of ways for Law Enforcement to get a Search Warrant or even conduct a search without one, but if you have nothing hanging over your head then you don't have anything to worry about.

L

lillisa4

IN ADDITION.....

Mikedani said:
With the info you gave it would seem 'No'. However you leave a lot of questions unanswered. For Law Enforcement to get a Search Warrant they need current, varified information that you are engaged in illegal activity now. What you did in the past is not usable to get a Warrant.

However,
Was the open case in Arkansas resolved? Are you on Parole? Are you a fugitive? Are you engaged in the same activity now?

There are a lot of ways for Law Enforcement to get a Search Warrant or even conduct a search without one, but if you have nothing hanging over your head then you don't have anything to worry about.
The open case is in Kentucky and I live in Arkansas. Was traveling thru when I was arrested. So the case is still open until a later date whenever my attorney contacts me. I haven't been to preliminary yet as I was incarcerated for 8 days with a 25,000 CASH Bond. I am now in Arkansas waiting for a court date but was curious if the city in which I was arrested and charged could contact the city in which I live ,,, give them the facts and by this information could the sheriff's department here execute a warrant with only that fact to go on... I personally don't believe they can but was wondering if anyone had this situation before.

M

Mikedani

No.
If any Search Warrants were going to have been executed they would have already done it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">