• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

search when i was not home

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

beckeyc.law

Texaswhat are my rights?
1 week ago i was out of town, some people i knew were in my house without my permission when i returned i found out that my house had been gone through by the police, because apparantly, these people were using my house while i was gone to make methamphetimines. the police took the 3 of them to jail, held 1 on a previous bond forfeiture, released the other 2 without questioning them, and did not charge them with anything. i have not been contacted by the authorities at all . what should i do?:confused:

Son of Slam

beckeyc.law said:
Texaswhat are my rights?
1 week ago i was out of town, some people i knew were in my house without my permission when i returned i found out that my house had been gone through by the police, because apparantly, these people were using my house while i was gone to make methamphetimines. the police took the 3 of them to jail, held 1 on a previous bond forfeiture, released the other 2 without questioning them, and did not charge them with anything. i have not been contacted by the authorities at all . what should i do?:confused:

Go about 600 miles South-South-West and never go north of there again.

C

condaggitt

Pretty damn cool, you leave town so you know nothing i know nothing i see nothing, then return shocked.

Good story, how much were you going to make on the Meth deal?

beckeyc.law said:
Texaswhat are my rights?

B

beckeyc.law

Well that was really cute! This is very serious to me, and I'mlooking for some serious advice. But in response to your question...I have everything to lose. I really don't think that whatever it paid it could replace my home which i paid 140,000.00 and it is paid for, 2002 ford excursion, and most of all my 8 yr old son & my freedom. but you sound as if you know quite a bit about the wheelings and dealings with drugs, i'm just wondering what amount of meth as you put it would be a fair deal? ( just in case i ever decide to go into the drug making business perhaps i could use you as a financial advisor)

C

condaggitt

i have not been contacted by the authorities at all what should i do?

Did you try and press breaking and entering criminal charges so these boys wont get off scot-free?

It would make you look less guilty.

B

beckeyc.law

no i haven't, thats what i'm asking? i don't know what i should do. i'm wondering if they can be charged with aanything, since they were arrested in aplace where the owner wasn't there, and thepolice have not contacted me, not to mention, the paper that the police left on top of my television, had 3 pages of different things that they removed from my house, they beleived were used in making the drugs, as well as an envelope with baggies with white powder substance, and they take them to jail, then let them go with no charges about 5 hrs later, you would have to wonder if the manufacturing charges werent filed, then they are probably not even gonna waste their time on a breaking & entering charge!!!!! andi just learned today that it was a big enough story to make the 6-9-10 pm news that day , as well as the 7am news the next morning. i'm not real knowledgeable in the criminal law area, but, i am wondering if the records are available to the public? someone said that perhaps the police let them go, because maybe the federal drug agents are watching themto catch them on something bigger, such as conspiracy charges. i dont know but i really appreciate all of the advice that everyone has taken the time to give me.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">