• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

searched and false threats

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

victimized-law

What is the name of your state? Indiana

Cops seached home on a warrant on suspicion of prescription fraud. Stolen presciption pad was among items they were looking for but never found. Law enforcement are well aware who committed this offense, yet still are threatening me with immeddiate arrest and other unjust penalties if I do not get a recorded statement from guilty party. I have been threatened with all charges equal to those of stealing the prescription pad myself. All I am guilty of is possessing a controlled substance I recieved from guilty party. Please advise if this is a legal attempt at justice or a false charge in the making. Feeling very unsafe in my own community because of local law enforcement.
Thank you.

CdwJava

victimized-law said:
Cops seached home on a warrant on suspicion of prescription fraud. Stolen presciption pad was among items they were looking for but never found. Law enforcement are well aware who committed this offense, yet still are threatening me with immeddiate arrest and other unjust penalties if I do not get a recorded statement from guilty party. I have been threatened with all charges equal to those of stealing the prescription pad myself. All I am guilty of is possessing a controlled substance I recieved from guilty party. Please advise if this is a legal attempt at justice or a false charge in the making. Feeling very unsafe in my own community because of local law enforcement.
Thank you.
If you possessed controlled substances purchased via use of the stolen prescription pad and you KNEW about the pad, then the laws of your state may very well allow you to be charged as a principal in the offense.

And if you are felling "unsafe", please remember that these consequences are as a direct result of YOUR actions - nobody else's. The police didn't make you do it.

You have a choice - acquiesce to their demand and get the recording, or don't.

I would recommend you consult an attorney today.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">