• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Secret Service

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? Tennessee
I was visited by the Secret Service on October 2002 for what I had done on September 2002. On September 2002, I got very drunk which I went on Yahoo! chat boards (much better than going out in the car). There were some people saying bad things about the president which I joined in and also said bad things (I had no feelings because I was drunk). After that, I never dreamed about what I had typed.

A month later on October 2002 when Secret Service visited my home asking if I did this or that. I told them that I was drunk and did not intend or meant to do this. I let Secret Service search my premises knowing that I have nothing to hide. It was just a blunt message from my drunk mouth that caused this mess. The Secret Service took a picture of myself which told me not to do that again. I did not know it was against law for uttering this message about the president because I though I was protected from the First Amendment of the U.S. Constitution.

Nearly two years went by, I am beginning to wonder if there is such as a federal warrant out for me.

By the way, I was never arrested for this incident.

Thanks, Tom Hartmann

Last edited:

snostar

TomHartmann said:
Nearly two years went by, I am beginning to wonder if there is such as a federal warrant out for me.

By the way, I was never arrested for this incident.
Your just beginning to wonder now? Based on what you've posted there would not be warrant issued. Heck, you weren't even arrested, rightly so.

dequeendistress

Did you theaten the president in any manner, never mind...you would not be posting here now...

You could always call and ask if you have a warrant...

CdwJava

If there were a warrant, you'd be in the clink now.

The US Secret Service investigates all manners of threats to the president. Most of them are like yours - inane ramblings by people who would never carry the threat out. But, they have to look in to all that come to their attention. Sometimes, they come across a whacko that IS capable of carrying the threat out and then they have to either watch him closely or seek legal action against him. The Secret Service has quite an extensive list of people that are considered to be varying degrees of threats to the president ... you are probably at the very bottom unless you took some actions besides making drunken posts at Yahoo.

Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">