• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

sent warrant notification in mail

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

amberc13

What is the name of your state? ga

i got a letter in the mail today from henry county sherriffs department saying i have 7 days to surrender or they will send an officer to get me. it is for deposit account fraud and the check amount was $9.00 with a 25.00 return check fee. i have recieved notice of this check coming back for nsf many months ago and i simply forgot. i am a single mom with a 2 year old little boy and it honestly slipped my mind. i do not have anyone to help with financial support, i can pay the $39.00 i owe but not bond and fines. will they keep me in jail for a $9.00 check? can i go to the sherriffs office and pay the $39.00 and have it done with? i am so scared, i have no one to keep my baby and i cannot go to jail, i just got a new job. please help asap!!

HomeGuru

amberc13 said:
What is the name of your state? ga

i got a letter in the mail today from henry county sherriffs department saying i have 7 days to surrender or they will send an officer to get me. it is for deposit account fraud and the check amount was $9.00 with a 25.00 return check fee. i have recieved notice of this check coming back for nsf many months ago and i simply forgot. i am a single mom with a 2 year old little boy and it honestly slipped my mind. i do not have anyone to help with financial support, i can pay the $39.00 i owe but not bond and fines. will they keep me in jail for a $9.00 check? can i go to the sherriffs office and pay the $39.00 and have it done with? i am so scared, i have no one to keep my baby and i cannot go to jail, i just got a new job. please help asap!!
**A: I'll watch your baby until you get out. Express mail him or her in care of our freeadvice corporate office.

Son of Slam

amberc13 said:
i am a single mom with a 2 year old little boy .... i do not have anyone to help with financial support, ... i have no one to keep my baby... i just got a new job.

I do sympathize with the check thing IF you really forgot. BUT, the single mom and/or working mom trick is a lousy way to raise a child. The world is about to see some real problems with these wacko kids you people have been poopin' out. Maybe you should go with HomeGuru's advice.

A

amberc13

Just to let you know, I didn't pop out a kid-my husband and I divorced. I thought this was a useful message post. I guess not.

V

v_day_baby

Amber,
I think your best bet is to show up and explain the situation. If the amount of the original check was truly only $9.00 I am sure they will understand the situation and waive the extraneous fees.

dequeendistress

and I don't think anyone is going to believe that you "forgot"...

How many notices did you forget about, I am sure there was more than one.

Will they put you in jail over $9.00...well, why worry about it, you weren't before.

And take cash or a money order not a check to pay your fines in addition to the $9.00

A

amberc13

for your info. I received one notice. The check was written in April and I have moved since, and if I recieved anymore notices, they didn't forward them. I know to pay and cash and money order. That's a given

divgradcurl

"they didn't forward them"

You meant to say that you didn't let them know you were moving, and you didn't have the Post Office forward your mail automatically, right?

A

amberc13

Yes my mail was forwarded but they stop forwarding mail after 90 days, haven't you ever moved before?

H

happynow

Not true, I moved over a year ago, and am still getting forwarded junk mail.

G

gottaask

Jesus! Enough already!!!!!

What in the hell is WRONG with you people?!!? :confused:

Almost EVERY time someone comes to this board in search of LEGAL ADVICE and asks a question, you 'people' ( I use the term loosely, rabid dogs have more compassion ) feel it's Your God Given Right, The Sole Reason For Your Existence, Your Goal Of Ultimate Goals, . . . to totally annihilate the poor unsuspecting soul. Of course it goes without saying that not a single one of you "HOLIER THAN THOU" self righteous, bottom feeding, scum sucking hypocrites has EVER forgotten a returned check, or to let the local post office know they're not forwarding your mail as they should be. Yeah, I know, you're all psychic . . . true legends in your own minds. You KNOW which mail got lost in the cracks. I bet you're on the phone right now making sure your most recent issue of "Fingerhut" makes its way to your new shack.

It's sad to know there are so many knowledgeable minds out there that just want to use their intellect to see who can come up with the most sarcastic, derogatory and degrading comments the quickest. Who can make this unsuspecting person feel like sh*t the fastest? Who's going to be the first to think of 'a helpful piece of advice' that totally destroys the whole purpose of this board and makes the person who asked the question wish they hadn't?!!? Who gets the trophy for being the biggest ass*#%! today?

I THOUGHT this board was a forum for LEGAL ADVISE. NOT a place for weak minded social rejects that got bullied when they were kids and never got over it. Is this board your release?

It shouldn't be. There are therapy boards for that.

If you can't help the person who posted, you know, actually have something constructive to offer, then crawl back under your rock. The world is better off without your 'advise'. There are so many sociopaths in the world these days. Why flaunt it?

Are you here just to prove what low life enigmas you are?

Congratulations. Job well done.

I'm sure your mothers would be proud. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
G

gottaask

Well, now that THAT'S off my chest . . .

"Happy Holidays Everyone"

:rolleyes: :cool: :rolleyes:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">