• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Seven year warrant, absconding

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

amber666

warrant from seven years ago.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wisconsin and Illinois

ok this is how it goes.

My friend was placed on probation for a robbery in Illinois. He violated his probation and got a trespassing case. He moved to Wisconsin seven years ago after violating his probation in Illinois. When he was living is Wisconsin he also was placed on probation for disorderly conduct. There was a warrant issued for his arrest seven years ago that had gotten lost and Illinois refiled it and issued a nation wide warrant. My friend is incarcerated right now in Wisconsin and has been since October 13 2010. They had revoked his probation and is to be done serving his time in Wisconsin June 29th 2011. Illinois is suppose to come and get him once he is done here in Wisconsin for the trespassing warrant.

My question is, is there any way to get this warrant dropped?

I have written the bond judge down in Illinois a month ago in regards to my friend but havent heard anything back, how long does it take for them to write back? or will they?

What procedures should i take to try and getting the warrant dropped?

If there is no way to get the warrant dropped, how bad do you think the consequences may be?

thank you for any information, greatly appreciated...What is the name of your state

Antigone*

warrant from seven years ago.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wisconsin and Illinois

ok this is how it goes.

My friend was placed on probation for a robbery in Illinois. He violated his probation and got a trespassing case. He moved to Wisconsin seven years ago after violating his probation in Illinois. When he was living is Wisconsin he also was placed on probation for disorderly conduct. There was a warrant issued for his arrest seven years ago that had gotten lost and Illinois refiled it and issued a nation wide warrant. My friend is incarcerated right now in Wisconsin and has been since October 13 2010. They had revoked his probation and is to be done serving his time in Wisconsin June 29th 2011. Illinois is suppose to come and get him once he is done here in Wisconsin for the trespassing warrant.

My question is, is there any way to get this warrant dropped?

I have written the bond judge down in Illinois a month ago in regards to my friend but havent heard anything back, how long does it take for them to write back? or will they?

What procedures should i take to try and getting the warrant dropped?

If there is no way to get the warrant dropped, how bad do you think the consequences may be?

thank you for any information, greatly appreciated...What is the name of your state

You writing the judge was an exercise in futility. If you want to help your friend pay for an attorney.

amber666

I already know....

but I dont feel like I should have to pay for an attorney for his wrong doing. Thats why I was wondering if there was anything else I could try to do...

dave33

I already know....

but I dont feel like I should have to pay for an attorney for his wrong doing. Thats why I was wondering if there was anything else I could try to do...
It does not sound like you can do much of anything. He will have to deal
with the violation. He may also get additional time to serve.

Whether or not you feel like it, getting an attorney is all you can do. It would
also be a huge benefit. goodluck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">