• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

She's what!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

stupidguy83

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? FL

Ok so here's my story and i'm in big need of help! Hopefully someone on here can give me a break.

So I went to this party a while back for a friend. Now my friend throwing the party was 25 and most everyone else there was also older. I'm 23. I met this girl and we started talking and after asking her how old she was she told me she was 19. We seemed to hit it off so I gave her my number and we kept talking after. About 2 weeks later we ended up hooking up one night, not real sex but a lot of heavy petting. SO about a week later I get a freakin phone call from her parents saying they were going to freakin prosecute me and throw me in jail for having sex with their 16 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER!! WTF!! I HAD NO IDEA!! Now i'm freakin out that my whole life is gonna be tossed down the can for one girl. So my question is does it matter that she told me she was legal and that I met her at an over age party? I mean gee, what was a freakin 16yr old girl doing there anyway?! How was I supposed to know she was underage? Am I supposed to ID every girl I meet?! Can I use that as an arguement if her parents get me arrested? What are the consequences if I cant?! Should I be getting a lawyer? I'm pretty broke and I dont know how to tell this to my parents so I dont know if I have them to help out either. Someone please help as I'm totally messed up about this!

Last edited:

JETX

does it matter that she told me she was legal and that I met her at an over age party?
No... and no.

I mean gee, what was a freakin 16yr old girl doing there anyway?! How was I supposed to know she was underage? Am I supposed to ID every girl I meet?! Can I use that as an arguement if her parents get me arrested? What are the consequences if I cant?! Should I be getting a lawyer? I'm pretty broke and I dont know how to tell this to my parents so I dont know if I have them to help out either.
Don't do anything unless/until the very unlikely chance that the police contact you. Until then, stay away from children!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">