• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Shoplifting in Arizona

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pixiestixs

What is the name of your state? Arizona

I was caught shoplifting by Target security, two cds and a dvd which equals $42.17. I was cooperative and told them what I had done, as well as telling the police officer when they arrived (though I answered the officers questions before the officer ever read me my rights which I'm not sure is ok). I was given a ticket for shoplifting misdemeanor by the officer.I am a 19 year old white female who has never been in trouble with the law of any kind before and am wondering if I should get a lawyer for my court date or just not waste my money. I really don't want to have this on my record, and am wondering if I do just accept the punishment(which I'm told is probably just a fine) is there anyway to get it taken off my record later? WHAT SHOULD I DO????

Your answering of questions brfore miranda will not get you out of the charge. Witness testimony will be enough to convict you.... I'd tell you to get a lawyer...... but there isn't much you can do... but he can help neg. w/ the prosecutors.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">