• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Shoplifting crime

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cooldown

What is the name of your state? FL

Hello People,
4 years ago i went to Miami for 1 week,it was not my first time tough
i went to the dolphin mall and i was shopping in marshal's and stole 2 perfume bottles and put it in my pocket i also had clothesin my shopping car,i paid for the clothes but not for the perfume bottles.
at the moment i wanted to leave the the shop i got called by two security guards and they asked me to empty my pockets and so i did,they found the bottles and brought me to the security office of marshalls where they question me.

so i told them everything and the guard told me that i was very cooperative and will try to talk to the cop that will arrest me to leave the case ,my bad a new police officer came in and they did not know that officer so they could not talk to that one.(what they told me)

when the officer came he measured my length and than handcuffed me and brought me to his car and drove to the police station.

from that police station i went in a bus transported to jail where i was bailed 6 hours later.
3 days after that i went to my country and my brother told me that they had sent a letter for me to appear in court but at that time i was already in my country and could not afford $800 to purchase a ticket to fly to miami to appear in court .

so now its 4 years how do i know if i got a warrent for arrest?
Will they arrest me at the miami airport?

stephenk

There is a good chance a warrant for your arrest is in the system. You may be picked up at the airport when you arrive.

"they had sent a letter for me to appear in court"

If you didn't appear in court, they likely issued a warrant.
Do you still have the letter? If so, call the court, give them the info (name, case number, etc.. and ask them).

Yes theres a warrant

When one is not present in court or is not represented by counsel its failure to appear. At that time the judge orders a bench warrant. Answer yes there is a warrant for your arrest. You could also be denied entry to this country because of said warrant. Before entering this country I suggest you contact an Attorney and make arrangements to resolve this problem. If your picked up you could be considered a flight risk and your bail would be raised to a level you cannot afford and you will sit in jail until you face judge.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">