• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Shoplifting by a minor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

flash79930

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arizona

My 16 year old grand daughter was detained by Target store personnel, searched and turned over to Glendale, AZ police and charged with shoplifting. Both the store and the police have refused to turn over the video and at this time I have only a (severely) redacted copy of the police report. Can anyone help me with the proper format for a "Request for Production" of relevant evidence in this matter? Any other helpful information would also be appreciated.

Last edited:

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arizona

My 16 year old grand daughter was detained by Target store personnel, searched and turned over to Glendale, AZ police and charged with shoplifting. Both the store and the police have refused to turn over the video and at this time I have only a (severely) redacted copy of the police report. Can anyone help me with the proper format for a "Request for Production" of relevant evidence in this matter? Any other helpful information would also be appreciated.
You are not entitled to ANYTHING quite frankly. Unless you are an attorney you cannot request anything on your granddaughter's behalf. Hire an attorney quite frankly. The police do not have to turn over the video to you. They only have to turn over proper discovery to counsel on behalf of the minor.

You can help by preparing your granddaughter that this theft can cause her issues for years to come -- for college applications, for jobs in the future, that sort of thing.

dave33

You are not entitled to ANYTHING quite frankly. Unless you are an attorney you cannot request anything on your granddaughter's behalf. Hire an attorney quite frankly. The police do not have to turn over the video to you. They only have to turn over proper discovery to counsel on behalf of the minor.

You can help by preparing your granddaughter that this theft can cause her issues for years to come -- for college applications, for jobs in the future, that sort of thing.
Exactly. That about covers it. goodluck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">