• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Shoplifting Vic

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

oda

What is the name of your state? CA

I work at a retail business where we have items on display. A customer and friends came into our store and stole items total up to $2000.

We have the customer's name, address and cellphone number. We have filed a police report. Our manager did not want to press charges as long as everything is returned, but after the perps agreed to return the items, they never showed up. There has been a no show for 1 week and they are not answering their cellular phone.

Please let me know what kind of legal actions we can take.

BelizeBreeze

What is the name of your state? CA

I work at a retail business where we have items on display. A customer and friends came into our store and stole items total up to $2000.

We have the customer's name, address and cellphone number. We have filed a police report. Our manager did not want to press charges as long as everything is returned, but after the perps agreed to return the items, they never showed up. There has been a no show for 1 week and they are not answering their cellular phone.

Please let me know what kind of legal actions we can take.
ahhhhh. let me guess. CALL THE POLICE!!!

oda

Ditto a prior reply - the manager or owner should call the police immediately.

- Carl
I am the sales manager, we called the police and filled a report. But it has been two weeks since that and nothing has happened.

CdwJava

oda said:
I am the sales manager, we called the police and filled a report. But it has been two weeks since that and nothing has happened.
Call and ask to speak to someone who is looking into the case.

The state has three years to file a case for a felony. It's doubtful they would wait that long, but they could. This may not be at the top of their list to follow-up on so it may take some time.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">