• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Shoplifting at walmart

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hare88

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
California, USA
I got caught shoplifting at walmart, and was taken into a room where they took my information, the whole time they had me waiting there supposedly because the cops were coming. But after two hours had passed, they released saying that the cops were taking too long. So then they released me with a paper that said that i would get correspondece through the mail, maybe with a fine, but that if i called a number before receiving anything, i could solve the case. Now my question is what should i say when calling the number?? and do you think they really called the cops?
Thanks so much for your help!!!

JKBee

I've been out of commercial business for a long time, but if the police didn't come and arrest you, it sounds to me like you were just in for a lesson. They also have the right to request you not to come into the store again, and it doesn't sound like they even did this.

Anyone out there with current info?

Proserpina

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
California, USA
I got caught shoplifting at walmart, and was taken into a room where they took my information, the whole time they had me waiting there supposedly because the cops were coming. But after two hours had passed, they released saying that the cops were taking too long. So then they released me with a paper that said that i would get correspondece through the mail, maybe with a fine, but that if i called a number before receiving anything, i could solve the case. Now my question is what should i say when calling the number?? and do you think they really called the cops?
Thanks so much for your help!!!
So when did this happen?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">