• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Should i get lawyer for him?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

porpla2528

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

2 years ago my friend mail weed to someone in Arizona but he live in California and a packet got caught. by that time the police from AZ came to CA but they decide not take him, then last month he was got pull over by CA police and they find out he has a warrant from 2 years ago, So the judge from CA decide to send him to AZ.My question is… how long he should be in jail? and what is going to happen to him? and should i get a lawyer for him?
thank you very much.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

2 years ago my friend mail weed to someone in Arizona but he live in California and a packet got caught. by that time the police from AZ came to CA but they decide not take him, then last month he was got pull over by CA police and they find out he has a warrant from 2 years ago, So the judge from CA decide to send him to AZ.My question is… how long he should be in jail? and what is going to happen to him? and should i get a lawyer for him?
thank you very much.
He can be in jail up to 90 days before trial. If he is in jail longer and hasn't tolled or waived time, his speedy trial rights have been violated. If convicted, that depends for what he was convicted how long his sentence can be. HE should get this own lawyer. Why would you throw good money after bad?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">