• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Should I go to the police? Carl? Maybe you can advise me?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

babysmom

What is the name of your state? CA

I posted this over on the drug board, but I saw that Carl is a police officer in my area, so I thought I would ask here as well.

I have been separated from the father of my 2 year old for a year. We have not formalized any custody arrangements, and have tried to work things out. He is an alcoholic and has had at least 3 DUIs that I know of and has been on house arrest on the bracelet twice. All this is over 7 years ago.

In the last 2 months, I have discovered that he has been ordering opiates from online pharmacies. He is lying about symptoms and shopping at different pharmacies. He has purchased 90 10MG Vicodin, 2MG Klonopin, Soma and Tramadol. He has also ordered 800 low dosage codeine pills from New Zealand, where they are considered OTC meds. He got into his Hotmail account here and must have saved the password, as I could get into his mail for about 2 weeks until his mother told him and he changed the password. I have printouts of FedEx proof of signature, and the actual orders. I have website names, as well as pharmacy names. I know the DEA is cracking down on these online pharmacies, but I am not sure what, if anything, I should do with my information. I have told him I can't allow unsupervised visits with our son while he is on any kind of drug, and that I am willing to let him visit at his mother's. He will fight me on this, but I am just not sure if I should pursue the drug thing or not. He claims he gave all the pills to his mother and that he isn't taking anything, but I know he is a liar. I do not know what he actually has in his possession right now, but I do have proof of what he has purchased since 5/5/04 until about a week ago.

I guess my question is, would the police or DEA be interested in any of the information I have? Can I make an anonymous tip? I am afraid for my safety if he ever found out I was responsible for him being arrested. I believe he is guilty of prescription fraud, and I also believe simple possession of Hydrocodone without a prescription is a crime as well. I want to keep him away from my son unsupervised. He abused me once, and I made the mistake of not pressing charges - I don't want to make that mistake again. What is the right thing for me to do in this situation?

HomeGuru

babysmom said:
What is the name of your state? CA

I posted this over on the drug board, but I saw that Carl is a police officer in my area, so I thought I would ask here as well.

I have been separated from the father of my 2 year old for a year. We have not formalized any custody arrangements, and have tried to work things out. He is an alcoholic and has had at least 3 DUIs that I know of and has been on house arrest on the bracelet twice. All this is over 7 years ago.

In the last 2 months, I have discovered that he has been ordering opiates from online pharmacies. He is lying about symptoms and shopping at different pharmacies. He has purchased 90 10MG Vicodin, 2MG Klonopin, Soma and Tramadol. He has also ordered 800 low dosage codeine pills from New Zealand, where they are considered OTC meds. He got into his Hotmail account here and must have saved the password, as I could get into his mail for about 2 weeks until his mother told him and he changed the password. I have printouts of FedEx proof of signature, and the actual orders. I have website names, as well as pharmacy names. I know the DEA is cracking down on these online pharmacies, but I am not sure what, if anything, I should do with my information. I have told him I can't allow unsupervised visits with our son while he is on any kind of drug, and that I am willing to let him visit at his mother's. He will fight me on this, but I am just not sure if I should pursue the drug thing or not. He claims he gave all the pills to his mother and that he isn't taking anything, but I know he is a liar. I do not know what he actually has in his possession right now, but I do have proof of what he has purchased since 5/5/04 until about a week ago.

I guess my question is, would the police or DEA be interested in any of the information I have? Can I make an anonymous tip? I am afraid for my safety if he ever found out I was responsible for him being arrested. I believe he is guilty of prescription fraud, and I also believe simple possession of Hydrocodone without a prescription is a crime as well. I want to keep him away from my son unsupervised. He abused me once, and I made the mistake of not pressing charges - I don't want to make that mistake again. What is the right thing for me to do in this situation?
**A: duplicate post.

CdwJava

It may certainly be worth inquiring at the local PD. What crimes may have been committed - and who might have jurisdiction (feds or local) - would depend on the details.

Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">