• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Signed Confession

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

speedy80z

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Washington

Does a police officer or attorney need to be present in order to make a signed confession admissable in court?

How about an audio recorded confession?

Basically, a crime was committed two years ago that went unreported, and for which there is likely NO physical evidence remaining.

The victim, whom I am very close to, does not wish to press charges, basically, unless there is a guaranteed conviction. Given the victim's current situation, who can blame them?

Based upon the information that has been provided to me, the perp likely has scarring, as the victim got piece of him.

Here's my next question: Is it possible to get a warrant to search the "suspect/perp" without any physical evidence?

The details of the whole "case" that I have already provided can be found here:

https://forum.freeadvice.com/other-crimes-federal-state-4/question-about-sexual-assault-491068.html

-The victim has requested that I try and forget about what I've been told about the crime.

-If I even hint that it's on my mind, it upsets the victim, and I hate that too. I don't want to make the victim relive it.
-The victim reports to have moved on and doesn't want to think about it.​

-I want to respect those wishes so much, but, I'm so disturbed by the circumstances around which the crime occured, alone, that it's making me lose sleep.

-This might sound odd, but I'm pretty sure I want justice MORE than the victim does.

-Is there ANYTHING I can do?

-How am I supposed to forget that someone I love dearly was hurt in a setting where there is supposed to be safety?

-It's like this, everytime I see something related to the school (just so happens to be the same one I graduated from), I think about it.

-My own sibling attends that school, so the thought of what happened comes up frequently.

-I'm trying SO hard to let it go, but the pure negligence of the school, and the teacher in charge that night, dumbfounds me.

-Thank goodness I'm not able to associate the name of the guy who did it with his face, at this time.

Thank you so much, I know it was long, but this is really killing me.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
How do you intend to get a signed confession?

Your first goal is to get the victim to agree to seek justice. Without that you're just spinning your wheels.

Was this a sex crime?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">