• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

simple assault (PA), 6 months?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Adelia

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvania

I'm 21 years old, female, and I've been charged with simple assault (2) after a physical altercation with a co-worker. I instigated the physical portion of the fight (she instigated the argument itself) and aside from trying to push me away, she never fought back. She suffered a fractured rib (as well as bruising), multiple cuts to her lip, and heavy bruising around her face. When questioned, I gave my side of the story without a lawyer present. I realize that is a mistake, but I was honest and honestly not expecting to serve time for the fight. I also have been charged with assault before, though I've never been convicted. Charges were dropped.

Question... is six months jail time honestly a fair deal here? My lawyer seems to believe it is and I realize he knows more about the details than anyone here would, but just off the basics. Any advice/info would be appreciated.

Indiana Filer

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvania

I'm 21 years old, female, and I've been charged with simple assault (2) after a physical altercation with a co-worker. I instigated the physical portion of the fight (she instigated the argument itself) and aside from trying to push me away, she never fought back. She suffered a fractured rib (as well as bruising), multiple cuts to her lip, and heavy bruising around her face. When questioned, I gave my side of the story without a lawyer present. I realize that is a mistake, but I was honest and honestly not expecting to serve time for the fight. I also have been charged with assault before, though I've never been convicted. Charges were dropped.

Question... is six months jail time honestly a fair deal here? My lawyer seems to believe it is and I realize he knows more about the details than anyone here would, but just off the basics. Any advice/info would be appreciated.
As someone with a history of assault, you're getting off easy with 6 months

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">