• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Simple Question about talking to Police on Scene and what they can tell the public!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
...I'd not be butting into police business other than to ask which jail/precinct they were being taken to...
That, especially, is something I would not tell anyone at the scene because it's none of their business. When someone is arrested and booked they are not entitled to have visitors and it helps no one to have five people show up at the station demanding to see Joe Schmoe. Besides, it creates a potential safety issue.

The defendant gets to make his phone call once in custody - he can call someone to tell them when and where he'll be released - or not.

CdwJava

You don't know any motor officers? Heck, look up jackboots on Wikipedia and see the picture of the CHP officer.
Paulmass was making a derogatory and insulting comment concerning patrol officers at the scene of this incident ... not likely to involve any motor officers. Also, they are not marketed as "jack boots" they are sold as engineer boots, trooper boots, etc.

And, of course, citing Wikipedia as a credible source is ... well, iffy at best.

FlyingRon

c'mon...the slur has nothing to do with the actual wardrobe. It's an allusion to **** soldiers to express the feeling that they represent part of a totalitarian regime.
The actual sartorial accuracy is rather immaterial.

CdwJava

The allusion to Na zis is offensive, so I'm sorry if I cannot let it pass unanswered. But, I won't.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">