• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Single Named Search Warrant 2 locations

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MsFitz

What is the name of your state? California

I am wondering about the search of a "second location" on a search warrant. My friend had the Sheriff Department break into his home while he was present - after they had searched for about 15 minutes a search warrant was shown. His home address was listed as "second location" - it was not his name at the top of the warrant nor was it listed anyplace on the warrant. Is this normal?

CdwJava

MsFitz said:
What is the name of your state? California

I am wondering about the search of a "second location" on a search warrant. My friend had the Sheriff Department break into his home while he was present - after they had searched for about 15 minutes a search warrant was shown. His home address was listed as "second location" - it was not his name at the top of the warrant nor was it listed anyplace on the warrant. Is this normal?
Names are not necessary for the warrant - only the location and the items searched for. If a name was involved it might have been on the affidavit, but the affidavit is no twhat is handed to the parties at the execution of a search warrant.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">