• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

So a detective came over today...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nikki0120

He told me that originally there was a warrant out for my arrest from an altercation that I was involved in a month ago, but the information had been lost. So today, he came over and gave me a citation and said there is no warrant anymore. So I have to go to court in a couple of weeks, and want to know what I can expect. What do I need to do to prepare? Is there any point in getting a lawyer? All I care about is not going to jail, I'll pay a fine, if I have to. The citation says simple assault on it.

seniorjudge

Double post warning

He told me that originally there was a warrant out for my arrest from an altercation that I was involved in a month ago, but the information had been lost. So today, he came over and gave me a citation and said there is no warrant anymore. So I have to go to court in a couple of weeks, and want to know what I can expect. What do I need to do to prepare? Is there any point in getting a lawyer? All I care about is not going to jail, I'll pay a fine, if I have to. The citation says simple assault on it.
https://forum.freeadvice.com/arrests-searches-warrants-procedure-26/do-i-need-talk-detective-446931.html

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">