• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Some Questions

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

fredreload

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

It was back a few years ago when I saw and decided to pick up a girl's underwear on the ground around my apartment and brought it home, would I be in any trouble?

LdiJ

It was back a few years ago when I saw and decided to pick up a girl's underwear on the ground around my apartment and brought it home, would I be in any trouble?
No, someone would not be in any trouble for picking up a random piece of clothing on the ground, particularly if the event took place years ago. However, that of course assumes that you are telling the complete truth here.

fredreload

It's around the residential area where I lived, someone might have dropped it while doing laundry, and it took place years ago. I'll assume that's the truth.

Just Blue

Well, I was referring to the OP but if you too have been picking up used underwear of others, I would extend it to include you. I just didn't think you were the type to engage in such activity.
No. That is not my "thing". :p

Although...If it was that super hottie from the Diet Coke commercial ...(the ladies on this site KNOW the one I am referring to;)) Then...I MIGHT be tempted. MIGHT!! :p

BTW...That hottie likely went "commando". So totally disregard my ^ comment. ;):)

Can't wait to hear the back story on this one. And OP? Nobody is going to believe that nonsense.

I'mTheFather

Of course, if the underwear was discarded during the commission of a felony, the possessor of said underwear could be implicated in that felony. Just sayin'.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">