• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

someone help please!!!!!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

donna770

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? brooklyn
my ex has violated the order of protection and got arrested what likely to happen next?

CdwJava

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? brooklyn
my ex has violated the order of protection and got arrested what likely to happen next?
Let me guess, you love him and don't want anything to happen to him????

My guess is that if he is not released with a court date, he will have to remain in custody until he is arraigned or until bail can be made. He may eventually have to go to court over this. And, if he continues to violate the order, he will continue to go to jail.

donkort

Call Brooklyn Central Booking

Hello there,

If your friend hasn't received a DAT, he still might not have arraigned for his charge as of yet. If you need info, call 718-935-9210 (Brooklyn Central Booking). They could provide you with an arrest number. You could also call Brooklyn Criminal Court to find out if he's been arraigned already.

Violating an Order of Protection is not good. It means there's another charge somewhere. If he received an ACD, his previous case might (probably will be) restored. Yours (and his) object is to make sure he doesn't plea to a Misdemeanor--only a Violation such as Disorderly Conduct--especially if he doesn't have a previous misdemeanor conviction.

It would also be good if he would break the cycle, get away from the situation where he finds himself, and get a job/go to college.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">